The Louisville Art Association exists to help fulfill the universal human need to create and enjoy visual art. It provides the opportunity and encouragement for all people in our community to come together to improve their artistic skills, share their creations with others, and more fully appreciate the wonders of our visual world.
Our Core Beliefs:
- The arts are an essential part of our community and are vital to the health and energy of our common life.
- Art should be available to everyone.
- Art and all creative pursuits are central to the human experience and as such are valuable to the vitality of our community. Everyone benefits when the arts are taught and expressed in our community.
- To that end, we support the integration of the arts into our everyday experiences, building to learn to create art and to enjoy it. We hope for everyone to experience the joy of creation and to increase their appreciation of the arts.
- We believe artists require an environment of support and fellowship. We believe all people benefit from this environment, so we support diversity at all or our events, classes and programs.