The Louisville Art Association 33rd Annual National Juried 2018 Fine Art and Photography Show and Sale
Exhibition Dates: September 1, 2018-September 9, 2018
The 33rd Annual 2018 National Fine Arts and Photography Show and Sale takes place in Louisville, Colorado, a beautiful historic city on Colorado’s Front Range. The show and sale is part of Louisville’s Labor Day celebration, with many visitors and opportunities to sell artwork. $3,000 in cash awards/prizes.
The venue is the Louisville Center for the Arts, an old Victorian, turn-of-the-century, red brick schoolhouse. This historic venue offers participating artists the opportunity to display artwork in an elegant gallery setting. The show will be on display for nine days, From 9/1/2018 through 9/9/2018. Our Judge is Michael Clark from Estes Park, Colorado—michaelclarkfineart.com. We invite you to enter what is sure to be our most successful show yet!
Historic Downtown Louisville offers an array of art galleries, related shops, businesses, restaurants and cafes. The show is held in conjunction with the three-day Louisville Labor Day weekend event.
ENTER THROUGH CALLFORENTRY.ORG
https://www.callforentry.org. Search under Calls for Entry for Louisville Art Association
Sponsored by the Louisville Art Association, in conjunction with the City of Louisville, the Scientific & Cultural Facilities District, Louisville Arts District, and Chuck Donnelly’s Colorado Art Studios
JUROR/JUDGE: Michael Clark (michaelclarkfineart.com)
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
• All artwork exhibited must be original in both concept and execution, and completed in the last two years. Work previously shown in this show in prior years is not eligible.
• Copies, kits, reproductions, or work done under the supervision of an instructor are not eligible.
• Artists must be 18 yrs. or older.
• Media: All media is eligible, including photography, WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS: NO QUILTS or other fiber arts are eligible. NO INSTALLATION PIECES. An Installation Piece is defined as any wall-hung piece that cannot be hung on 1 or two standard picture hangers.
• Size: No piece to exceed 48" on any side INCLUDING FRAME. Minimum size: 11” x 14” framed. Sculptures must weigh less than 70 lbs.
OTHER SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
• Entry fee is $40.00, nonrefundable, for up to three entries. Add $10.00 for each additional entry up to a total of six entered pieces. LAA members get a discount of $5 off the entry fee.
• PROVIDE a brief biography (170 words or less), highlighting your career or past achievements, information regarding your process as an artist if appropriate, a simple artist statement, or anything you would like the viewer to know. This information will be posted in a display notebook. Please put your name in bold at the top of your bio.
• Content: Pieces must be appropriate for general audiences and general public venues.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SUBMITTING ARTISTS
• If your work is selected by the judge for the juried show you may display up to 10 pieces of matted bin work or cards for sale. BINS ARE SUPPLIED BY LAA. PLEASE DON”T BRING YOUR OWN BINS. All sales will be conducted by the LAA and a 25% commission is charged on all work sold. ALL ACCEPTED WORK AND BIN WORK must be clearly labeled with the artist’s name, item name, and price. You MUST submit a completed inventory sheet for all work. The inventory sheet will be sent with the acceptance letter.
All exhibited artwork must be for sale, and all sales of artwork will be handled through the Louisville Art Association.
ALERT: Please set the price for your work carefully. The price you assign to your artwork in the online entry process will be the price for the exhibition. The price cannot be changed once your piece has been entered and accepted. There are no exceptions, so be sure to closely proofread your entries.
The Louisville Art Association will retain a 25% commission on all sales resulting from the exhibition and all artwork will hang until the end of the show. Sales and award proceeds will be paid to the artist within three weeks of the close of the exhibition.
All entries will be juried based on submitted photos of the work, saved as JPG files. Entrants will be notified of juror’s selections by email. Accepted JPGs will be kept for the permanent collection of the Louisville Art Association. Award winning pieces will be chosen by the juror after artworks have been received. During final jurying, any artwork found to contain unacceptable material or if found not be identical to the JPG submitted will not be judged for awards or exhibited, and will be returned to the artist COLLECT (C.O.D.). No substitutions will be allowed.
ACCEPTED FRAMING AND MOUNTING
All wall hanging art must be properly framed and wired, ready to hang, with no saw-tooth or “clipped in” hangers. A gallery wrapped canvas— a canvas that wraps completely around to the back of stretchers & stapled or tacked on back with no exposed staples or tacks on side edges—will be accepted without a frame only if properly wired for hanging and all gallery wrapped edges are painted (finished). A canvas with staples/tacks showing on side edges must be framed. Any canvas with exposed unpainted canvas or staples/nails showing on edges will be rejected. No piece exceeding 48” INCLUDING frame on any side will be accepted.
All sculptures and other three-dimensional work must be properly mounted, ready for display. Any artwork over 70 lbs. will be rejected. No 3-dimensional pieces will be attached to floor or suspended from ceiling. No screws, molly bolts, lag bolts, or other anchors will be allowed.
Installations will not not be accepted. Definition: An Installation Piece is any wall hanging piece that cannot be hung on standard (1 or 2) picture hangers.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK
Shipped Artwork to be received August 20--24, 2018
Shipped artwork must be received by 5:00pm August 24, 2018.
Shipped Artwork can be shipped using UPS, Fedex, or USPS, but return shipping can only be via UPS or Fedex. Prepaid return labels cannot be for USPS shipping for logistical reasons.
Shipped parcel must include:
1) Prepaid Return Shipping Label: Please include a Prepaid Federal Express or Prepaid UPS return shipping label addressed to the artist
2.) Artist bio
3.) LAA Inventory Sheet
4.) LAA Registration Form
5.) Art – All art must be labeled on the back (or bottom of sculptures) with title, artist’s name, media and price.
Please ship all artwork to: LAA National Fine Art and Photography Show, C/O Bolder Insurance, 800 Jefferson Avenue, Louisville, CO 80027.
Artwork must be shipped in strong, reusable cartons or crates with no free-floating styrofoam or popcorn packing. Packing material must be reusable for return shipping.
IN-PERSON DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK
August 29, 2018 - Hand-delivered artwork will be accepted on August 29, 2018 between 5:00pm – 7:00pm at the Louisville Center for the Arts, 801 Grant Avenue, Louisville, Colorado.
RETURN OF WORK
Shipped artwork will be returned by the Louisville Art Association to the artist following the closing date of the exhibition in accordance with prepaid labels. Unsold work will be returned with your prepaid shipping label. LAA is not responsible for return of art if shipping label is not prepaid.
Hand-delivered artwork must be picked up on the show’s closing date, Sunday, September 9, 2018 between 4:00pm and 6:00pm. NO EARLY PICK-UPS. There is no storage available beyond that date. If art is not picked up by 6:01 it is considered abandoned. Return shipping charges, plus FedEx Kinkos packing charges may be billed to the artist for any artwork not picked up on September 9, 2018 by 6:01pm! Contact for abandoned art: Emilie Parker at 240-350-853 or 303-317-4558,firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTER THROUGH CALLFORENTRY.ORG
https://www.callforentry.org. Search under Calls for Entry for Louisville Art Association.
DIRECTIONS TO THE LOUISVILLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Louisville Art Center, 801 Grant St., Louisville, CO 80027. Google Map.
Grant Street intersects with Spruce St., in Memory Square Park in Historic Downtown Louisville.
From W. South Boulder Rd. go South on Main St. You will come into the historic downtown area of Louisville. Take a right (to the west) onto W. Spruce St. The Art Center is on the right approx. 3 blocks to the west of Main St.
CONTACT email@example.com Phone: 303-489-3163.
Louisville Art Association • A Non-Profit Art Organization • PO Box 852 • Louisville, CO 80027
• Submission to this exhibition constitutes acceptance of stated conditions and includes permission to photograph accepted artwork for publicity purposes.
Best of Show/First Place Award $600
2nd Place Award $400
3rd Place Award $250
10 Artistic Achievement Awards $100
Judge’s Award $200
All above awards are awarded by juror/judge
1 Peoples’ Choice Award $200
Click Here to Download Prospectus
IMPORTANT DATES AT A GLANCE
Friday, July 6, 2018:
Deadline for submission of entries. Enter Through: https://www.callforentry.org. Search under Calls for Entry – Louisville Art Association. All accepted entries will be notified via email by July 14, 2018.
Friday, August 24, 2018:
Deadline for arrival of (accepted) shipped artwork. Send to LAA Fine Art Show C/O Bolder Insurance, 800 Jefferson Avenue, Louisville, CO 80027.
Wednesday, August 29, 2018:
Hand-delivered artwork due
5:00pm – 7:00pm.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
6:00pm – 9:00pm.
Awards Ceremony 7:00pm.
Participating artists and public are all invited.
Monday, Labor Day:
September 3, 2018
10:00am - 4:00pm.
Thursday, September 6, 2018.
School Visits: 9am-12pm
Afternoon Tea: 3pm-5pm
Friday, September 7, 2018
School Visits: 9am-12pm
Sponsors Wine and Cheese Reception: 5:00pm - 7:00pm.
Sunday, September 9, 2018:
Pick-up of hand-delivered exhibited artwork from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. (*see return of work)
Enter online at callforentry.org—Search for “Louisville Art Association.”
2018 EXHIBITION HOURS
Sept. 1, Saturday: 10am – 9pm
Sept. 2, Sunday: 10am – 4pm
Sept. 3, Labor Day: 10am – 4pm
Sept. 4, Tueday: Not Open
Sept. 5, Wednesday: 4pm – 7pm
Sept. 6, Thursday: 3pm – 7pm
Sept. 7, Friday: 4pm – 8pm
Sept. 8, Saturday: 10am – 4pm
Sept. 9, Sunday: 10am – 4pm